Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Daily Prayer - Do not give up, for your work will be rewarded

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
We all get frustrated sometimes, even often, as our efforts to share the Gospel with those around us seem to fall on deaf ears.   Praying for friends and family appears to have no effect.  Even trying to love on people sometimes blows up in our face.  Do not get discouraged or think your efforts are in vain.  God see all, and uses all.  We may never see the results but that does not mean they aren't there.  Trust that God will act in His time and rest in His love.
 
Want some scripture to back that up?  Try these on for size: 
2 Chronicles 15:7 "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
 
Luke 18:1-4 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "
 
1 Thes. 5:17 "Pray without ceasing"
 
Matt 7:7-9 "Ask and it will be given to you;" He said, "Seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
 
Luke 11:8 "I tell you, if he does not get up to give him the loaves because of their friendship, he will get up to give him whatever he needs because of his persistence."
 
Job 11:18 "You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety."
 
Ps 62:5 "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him."
 
Prov 23:18 "There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."
 
Ecc 9:4 "Anyone who is among the living has hope —even a live dog is better off than a dead lion!"
 
Rom 4:18 "Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations."
 
Rom 5:3-5 "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce
 
 
Lord, help me to see the ways I can influence and encourage those around me;
remind me that even when I feel insignificant,
you can use me in the lives of others and for your kingdom.
 
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment