Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Daily Prayer - to whom would we go?

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
Shortly after I became a Christ follower I remember a morning where I was in my bathroom shaving and just thinking to myself that I wished I could know for certain that all of "this" (the Gospel, Jesus, God) was real and true.  And then I heard a voice say to me "And what if it's not?  Do you want to go back to the way you were?".  My reaction was an immediate (and out loud) "NO!". 
"You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.

Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. (John 6:67-68)

To whom, indeed.
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce 
 
Father, there is no one nor anything that deserves our complete allegiance, but You, our Lord, who holds the words of eternal life.
 
Though others may refuse to listen or turn away from the message of salvation we choose to persevere, for to Whom else could we turn?
 
We persevere in trial and in victory, in the ups and downs and in the in-betweens of everyday circumstances.
 
We seek to do Your will in all things so that we will be richly rewarded at the end of this life.
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment