Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Daily Prayer - Serenaded by God!

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
I love to hear my daughter sing.  If I may brag a little, and I am going to, she has a beautiful singing voice.  She has honed her talent with years of singing lessons and choir.  Now if I love to listen to my daughter sing to me, how much more would I love to hear God sing to me?! 
 
Which brings me to my daughter's favourite verse: Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you,
   the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
   in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
   but will rejoice over you with singing.
Pause for a minute and picture that scene - being serenaded by the God of heaven because he delights in you and loves you THAT much!
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
Father, I pray that You would give me ears to hear Your love songs over me.
 
I pray that I would be able to silence the busyness of my life so I could hear Your soothing lullabies and Your bellowing melodies.
 
Thank You for being with me and for taking such great delight in my life that You rejoice over me with singing.
 
In the name of Your beloved Son Jesus I pray, AMEN.
 
 


Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment