Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Daily Prayer - Weary and burdened?

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
Are you feeling frustrated that your spiritual life isn't all that you think it should be?  Are you concerned that you need to be doing "more" - more Bible reading, more praying, more studies, more church, more "religion"?  Do you sometimes think you should be further along your "spiritual path"?
 
Jesus said "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28).  I believe that the burden He spoke of was religion.  That is what weighs us down.
 
If we want to see more of the "fruit of the Holy Spirit" (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control - Galatians 5:22-23) ripen in our lives we have to allow God's sunshine to work on us.  This is only accomplished by resting in our relationship with Him.  Nothing to do with "religion" can help in this regard.
 
 
Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,
Bruce
 
Most Precious Lord Jesus…
Gentle And Wonderful God…
Truly Awesome And Ever-present Holy Spirit…
 
In your arms I find comfort and rest from the pain of my life.
Thank you for this time of reflection and meditation.
Thank you for these moments I spend basking in your comforting love and restful truth.
 
I love you Lord.
 
I need you this day to give me your comfort and rest so I can move out and move onward to serve you.
According to your will, may I always be able to give your comfort and rest to others.
 
During the coming days take my burdens and replace them with your Light.
During the coming days give me a break from the unending woes and afflictions trying to take me down.
During the coming days please give me your comfort so I can find new strength, new wisdom, new power to be your child.
 
In your presence, may I always find your comforting and restful peace as I have always found your comfort and rest in days gone by.
 
As you bless me with your comfort and rest, help me be a better person of faith.
As you bless me with your comfort and rest, touch the lives and hearts of everyone I pray for each day.
 
If you must make a choice between touching others with your comfort and rest or touching me, let others be touched first.
 
All these things I humbly pray in the name of my most Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit upon whom I can rely.
 
Amen
 
 
 


Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment