Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Daily Prayer - Forgiveness

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
The longer we are in "the Church" the easier it is to forget just how much Christ has done for us, how much He has forgiven us.  We can slip into the "us vs. them" mode - the "saved vs. unsaved".  We must remember that we too are still sinners.  Yes, redeemed sinners, but still sinners none the less.  Recently I listened to a sermon by Andy Stanley where he said something to the effect "the more I realize how much work God has yet to do in me, the less I tend to judge others".
 
The prayer below gives us perspective on our own continuing need for a Saviour.  It seems to be based on Psalm 40 which I see in many ways as a reflection of my own life.  Take the time today to reflect on all of the things God has done for you and then take fresh look at the "unsaved" around you.
 
 
Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours today,
Bruce
 
 
Father, I lay my sins on Jesus, the spotless Lamb of God.
 
Thank You for bearing them all and freeing me from the accuser's condemnation.
 
I confess my sins to You, the big and small, so that my crimson stains are washed white in the blood of the sinless Lamb of God.
 
Thank You for being the Sinbearer that lifts me from the slimy pit of mud and mire that blocks the flowing of Your Spirit within me.
 
You are faithful and just; You forgive me of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness as I seek Your forgiveness.
 
You put a new song in my mouth and a hymn of praise and thanksgiving for Your wondrous love and forgiveness.
 
Thank You in Jesus' name. Amen.
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment