Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Daily Prayer - A pure heart

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
One of my deepest desires is to have a "pure heart".  Not surprisingly then, a favourite scripture of mine is Psalm 51:10-12
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
 
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
 
Restore to me the joy of salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

The Pharisees were not happy men. They had furrowed brows, nervous tension, frustration. They were full of resentments, bitterness, prejudices, and hatreds. Why? Simply because they had lost sight of God's conception of the pure in heart. They thought that as long as they kept the letter of the law that was enough. But this was not God's plan. This did not produce purity of heart. This did not bring about happiness of soul. Jesus taught that God looks deeper than the outside actions of an individual. He searches and ponders the heart. God judges not so much the outside as He does the inside. He looks to the motives, thoughts, and intents of your heart. (Billy Graham's Daily Devotional, March 22, 2012)

Do you crave a pure heart?
 

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours!
Bruce 
 

Create in me a pure heart, O my God,

And renew a tranquil conscience within me, O my Hope!
 
Through the spirit of power confirm Thou me in Thy Cause, O my Best-Beloved,
And by the light of Thy glory reveal unto me Thy path, O Thou the Goal of my desire!
 
Through the power of Thy transcendent might Lift me up unto the heaven of Thy holiness, O Source of my being,
And by the breezes of Thine eternity gladden me, O Thou Who art my God!
 
Let Thine everlasting melodies breathe tranquillity on me, O my Companion,
And let the riches of Thine ancient countenance Deliver me from all except Thee, O my Master,
 
And let the tidings of the revelation of Thine Incorruptible Essence bring me joy,
O Thou Who art the most manifest of the manifest And the most hidden of the hidden!
 

 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment