Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Daily Prayer - Undeserved kindness

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
I read this a few minutes ago:
We have a great high priest, who has gone into heaven, and he is Jesus the Son of God. That is why we must hold on to what we have said about him. Jesus understands every weakness of ours, because he was tempted in every way that we are. But he did not sin! So whenever we are in need, we should come bravely before the throne of our merciful God. There we will be treated with undeserved kindness, and we will find help. (Hebrews 4:14-16 CEV) 
I don't know about you, but that really gives me comfort and peace.  I could feel my shoulders relax as I considered the (absolutely) "undeserved kindness" that is extended to me.  I pray God will give you the same comfort and peace as you read those words.
 
Grace and comfort and peace be yours!
Bruce
 
Lord Jesus Christ, King of Kings,
You have power over life and death.
 
You know what is secret and hidden,
and neither our thoughts nor our
feelings are concealed from You.
 
Cure me of duplicity; I have done
evil before You. Now my life declines
from day to day and my sins increase.
 
O Lord, God of souls and bodies,
You know the extreme frailty of
my soul and my flesh.
 
Grant me strength in my weakness,
O Lord, and sustain me in my misery.
 
Give me a grateful soul that
I may never cease to recall Your benefits,
O Lord most bountiful. Be not mindful of my many sins,
but forgive me all my misdeeds.
 
O Lord, disdain not my prayer -
the prayer of a wretched sinner;
sustain me with Your grace until the end,
that it may protect me as in the past.
 
It is Your grace which has taught me wisdom;
blessed are they who follow her ways,
for they shall receive the crown of glory.
 
In spite of my unworthiness,
I praise You and I glorify You, O Lord,
for Your mercy to me is without limit.
 
You have been my help and my protection.
May the name of Your majesty be praised forever.
 
To you, our God, be glory.
 
Amen.
 
St. Ephrem of Syria
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment