Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

for such a time as this ...

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

I like the book of Esther in the Old Testament.  A few years ago at work I received an email with a link to a movie that denounced Christianity as being based on myths.  I wondered aloud to some friends about what to do about this and one of them said basically "Bruce, perhaps you were put there for such a time as this?".  I replied "Thanks, Mordecai".  (If you are unfamiliar with the story, have a look at it - a great read.)  God gives all of us opportunities to step out in faith - will you take that opportunity when you get it?

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce



Jesus, in certain situations I am fearful when You speak to my heart about being obedient.  

When You compel me like you did Esther to do or say something that's not within my comfort zone I become fearful of the outcome which prevents me from stepping out in faith and following through with an obedient heart.  

Would You remind me that there is great blessing when I follow Your leading.  

Help me not to fear the outcome, for that is in Your hands.  

Thank You for Your prompting and for entrusting me to be a part of your grand purpose.  Amen.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment