Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I've got your back ...

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

Have you ever noticed that The Lord's Prayer is a communal prayer and not a personal prayer?  "OUR Father", "Give US this day", "Forgive US", "Lead US", "Deliver US".  It is a prayer for the whole of His Church, His people.  I like that - it means we pray for each other, we've got each other's back.  And that's why I like this prayer.  It is for all of us - I am praying it for each of you, and I really appreciate you praying it for me.

Amazing grace and peace that surpasses all understanding be yours today,
Bruce


Father, I pray today that you may count us worthy of your calling.

Enable us to become increasingly loving, full of integrity, and steeped in the knowledge of you and your Word.

I ask that you work in our lives that we may grow in all things that please you.

Help us to establish and pursue only those plans, goals, and purposes that are in keeping with your will and intent for our lives;
By your power cause every good purpose and faith-prompted act of ours to bear abundant fruit.

I pray this so that the name of the Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in our lives and our lives in Him. Amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment