Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

What's on your mind, God?

Good Monday morning, my friends.

Have  you ever been in a relationship with someone who trusts you enough to come to you with their burdens?  Someone who will confide in you all of the struggles they are going through, knowing you will listen and empathize? 

Have you ever, at the end of a long conversation with this person thought "hmmm, they didn't even ask a single question about what's going on in my life ... it was all about them."

I realized this weekend that a lot of my prayer life has been like that.  I go to God with all of my concerns, needs and questions.  I lift up to him my family, friends, and others in prayer.  But I have rarely ever said to Him "So, God, what is on your heart today?".  Doesn't that make it a very one sided conversation?  Could it be that God has concerns about what is going on in this world?  Things He would like me to be concerned with too?  If you ask, I am sure He will either put you in mind of someone in your life who could use a positive word from you.  Or He will say "Just keep your eyes and ears open today - I will show you who or what is on My mind."  It could be someone living on the street, a co-worker going through a divorce, a family member who is feeling ostracized, a country devastated by a natural tragedy, or an unborn child whose mother is considering not having the baby.

To be in a real relationship with someone means to try to understand their needs, their desires, their hurts.  It is no different in our relationship with God.  

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


Almighty God and loving Father, please forgive me for my selfishness in our relationship.

I am so blessed to be able to come to you daily, hourly in prayer; to bring to You my worries, my needs, my family and my friends.  

But Father, I also want to know what is on Your heart today.  I want to align my will with Yours.  I want to walk the path that You set before me.  I want to love those around me who desperately need it.

Show me today, Lord, what concerns you.  Who or what in my life needs my attention this day?  Thank you for the opportunity to serve You in love.

This I pray in Jesus' holy name.  Amen.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment