Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

He will rejoice over you with singing!

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

The LORD your God is with you, 
       he is mighty to save. 
       He will take great delight in you, 
       he will quiet you with his love, 
       he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

Doesn't that paint an amazing picture?  You, like me, may feel sometimes like God has no reason to rejoice over you with singing.  But we must not listen to that lie.  We must not dwell on our past or our recent failings.  We have been granted incredible grace and mercy, undeserved, because God loved us enough to send His own Son to pay the complete price for ALL of those things. For you and me.  He loves us THAT much.  He is rejoicing and singing for us.  Wow.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


God, it's no wonder to me that you rejoice in yourself, in your perfection, because you are perfect, and utterly praiseworthy.

But to believe that you rejoice in me--not in the abstract "me," the "work of your hands," the vessel of clay, the "very good" humanity that I share with all humankind; but the "me" me, the proud, lazy, gluttonous, greedy, lustful, jealous, faithless me, the all-too-fallen me (though redeemed by your Son)--that's almost too much to believe. 

But you do rejoice in me. You rejoice over me with singing. You dance over me. Because of your Son, yes, but nonetheless, this is me we're talking about. It's too wonderful for me. You are too wonderful for me. But I thank you, in Jesus' name, Amen.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment