Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday March 2, 1010 - Have you read your Bible this week?

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

How much time have you spent reading your Bible this past week?  This has been a good week for me in terms of reading the Word - but every week is not like that.  There are times when I either don't think about it, or just try to avoid it.  

Some times particular chapters or verses speak strongly to me.  The past few days, it has been Ephesians 4 and 5.

If you have not opened your Bible lately (or listened to it on your MP3 player), then try to spend some time there today.  Open your heart and mind and let Him speak to you.


Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


O Holy God, write Your Word on the tablet of my life. 

May it flood my heart and shine its light of truth into every dark corner of my conscience. 

May it enlighten my eyes and be the filter through which I see all things. 

May it fill my mind so that all my thoughts will be captive and obedient to Christ. 

May it direct my steps into Your good, pleasing and perfect will. 

May it guide my hands into the work of ministry. 

May it guard the doorway of my life so that all of my comings and goings may pass under the scrutiny of Your divine wisdom.

May Your Word, O God; be the constant employer of my spirit, soul and body.

Amen



Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bruce, great prayer today. I'm thinking of pasting it inside the front page of my bible - to remind myself what reading God's word can look like, if only I approach it in the right frame of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan. It is a great prayer to say before opening the Word.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete