Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Teach us to pray

Good Friday morning, my friends.

Prayer is such a confusing thing sometimes.  God knows what we want before we ask it, so why do we need to ask?  He will use all things for the good of those who love Him, so why do we need to come to Him with our petitions?  What I have been learning lately is that by coming before the Throne in prayer, I am given rest and peace.  Asking God to lift my burdens, protect my family, and bring salvation to all - well, just by asking I am reminded that He already knows what I and those around me require.  He knows it so much better than I.  And this reminder gives me peace.  I believe THAT is why we are called on to pray constantly.

The following prayer may be another way of saying what the Apostles said to Jesus: "Teach us to pray".

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you today,
Bruce


Fulfill now, O Lord, our desires and petitions 
as may be best for us, 

for you always know what is best, 
and we seldom do. 

Forgive us for trying to inform you 
in what is best for us, 

and teach us to submit to your wisdom, 
love, and kindness, in our praying 
and in our living, 

Amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment