Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Gospel in 4 paragraphs

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

This prayer summarizes the Gospel in 4 beautiful paragraphs.  It offers praise to God; thanks Him for the work of His Son and the gift of His Spirit; expresses our desire to share all of this with others; and asks forgiveness for our failure to love those He has put in our path.  Quiet your heart and lift this prayer to our Abba, Father.

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


We lift up our hearts to you in humble adoration and praise, our dear Father in Heaven. We give you thanks for the privilege of entering into your presence through the power of and in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I give you thanks, dear Father, for the inner peace which Your Spirit imparts to those who take refuge in You. May more-and-more people learn of your desire to impart mercy to all who draw near your throne of grace.

Help us, dear Father, to find ways of making a difference in the lives of others through the things we say and do. Please help the masses of humans who surround us who seem to be living lives of not-so-quiet desperation to find peace...to find Jesus...to find Jesus in each of us...to find Jesus in me.

Please forgive me, dear Lord, for the times when I have seen others only from a human perspective. Help me to see them as you see them--not for what they are, but for what they can be through your power and grace. Help me to live tranparently so that others can see the change you have made in me.

In the mighty name of Jesus,  Amen.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment