Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

The power of prayer

Good Monday morning, my friends.

This quote comes courtesy of my sister Beth:

I strongly suspect that if we saw all the difference even the tiniest of our prayers to God make, and all the people those little prayers were destined to affect, and all the consequences of those effects down through the centuries, we would be so paralyzed with awe at the power of prayer that we would be unable to get up off our knees for the rest of our lives.

Peter Kreeft

This amazes me.  I know this may sound strange, considering I write these missives, but I have a mediocre prayer life at best.  I am one who struggles with whether my prayers are effective or even heard.  But after having read this quote (and re-reading it several times) I am convinced it is true.  It opens my eyes to the fact that God ALWAYS hears me, always acts, always loves.  It changes my whole perspective on prayer - and I hope it will for you too.  Thanks, Beth!

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


Heavenly Father, we stand in awe that we can enter your throne room, coming to you directly with our praise, concerns, petitions, and even complaints.

We are so thankful that your Son, Jesus in dying for us, tore the curtain in the temple from top to bottom, removing the separation between You and Your people.

Lord, help us to understand that by coming to You in prayer it shows that we trust You and only You to be the sustaining force in our lives.  We rely on your perfect mercy, justice and wisdom, oh God.

We bring our burdens into Your presence, and leave them with You.  Thank You, Father, for the peace and rest that comes from this incredible privilege.

We lift up this prayer in the holy name of your Son, Jesus.  Amen



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment