Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

On this rock I will build my church

Good Friday morning, my friends.

At least I hope you are still my friends!  It occurred to me yesterday after I sent out my prayer that some of you are the ones who send me the emails I mentioned.  Please don't take what I said as being judgmental or critical.  Indeed, in the past I have agreed with the sentiment of many of those emails, but a friend of mine recently opened my eyes to the reality of their content.  And made the connection to the Sermon on the Mount.  I just wanted to do the same for you.

One of the particular brands of emails that I refer to are the ones decrying how Islam is taking over many Western countries and will eventually crush Christianity.  Yes, the demographics are scary, but I want you to remember the words of Jesus when he instituted the Church: "on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it." (Matthew 16:18).  Doesn't that make Islam a lot less scary?  Let's stop looking at them as the enemy, and take every opportunity to open a dialog with people from all faiths.  Love them and listen to them.  As the old expression goes: "you catch more flies with honey".

Amazing grace and eternal peace to you,
Bruce


Father, when we face struggles with a confident heart instead of a cringing fear we give testimony to Your active power in our lives. 

There is nothing that we cannot overcome by Your grace as You work out the details and the timing.  

A complaining spirit only leads to self-pity while a thankful spirit visualizes a hopeful outlook. 

Our confidence grows as we look beyond the current world situation to You, our Great Deliverer, who has done so many wondrous works that the whole world is not big enough to contain the books that would describe Your miraculous, delivering power.  

Amen.



Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment